Video recording quality on 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KidFresh, Jun 10, 2009.

1. KidFresh macrumors regular

Standard-definition 30fps is only spec I'm aware of. Is this any good? How much storage space will it consume (contingent upon the length of video recorded)? I know very little about video specs. Pls discuss.

2. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Nobody has the phone, so its hard to say isn't it?

3. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

depending on how the compression works and other factors...the resolution and framerate are about equivalent to a standard TV. the phone preprocesses clips before uploading to youtube though (from the quick review i saw on gizmodo (its not there anymore..dont bother lookin.lol)..they werent too great after uploading..but they looked awesome on the phone)
    i bet you could sync some pretty nice videos from it. it sure has the processing power.

4. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

Quality Wise....

As far as actual quality goes it should be really nice. If you have ever seen somebody use cycorder on a jailbroken iPhone or have used it yourself...the main problem seems to be lag in the video. With the new specs of the iPhone 3G S having twice the RAM and a better processor lag will not be an issue and with a 3 megapixel autofocusing camera videos should look great. Aa far as space consumption goes....sorry man....I really have no clue....

5. KidFresh thread starter macrumors regular

Thx! That's encouraging! I've been contemplating on whether I should buy a Creative Labs Vado HD camcorder as well for my summer travels.

6. mikey28 macrumors 6502

just reading this gets me hyped for my June 19th delivery. It also makes me very mad that ATT is not ready with MMS.

All my friends don't have iphone w/email accounts. And it would have been very nice to MMS a video / pic of the kids, etc...

ATT has me as a customer--for now. But I will not be loyal when the time comes to switch.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^oh you will so long as they carry the iPhone!