Video screen recording software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by alexk82, Dec 10, 2009.

1. alexk82 macrumors regular

I'm planning on adding how to videos to my site (flash) so that its easier for my customer to understand how to use a page. Ie instead of trying to explain common things in a FAQ I would have a video actually showing them.

Ideally I'll be able to record my actions on screen and my voice as I describe what I'm doing. I'm willing to pay for the app, but just not that much ie less than $100. Now I don't need an all in one, for instance if there is a free app to do screen recording and another free app that can record my voice and another to merge them together I'm fine with that. I understand that free is free and I have to deal with some of the headaches.

Any advice as to what software I would need. A quick google for mac screen recording brings a bunch of results, so any help would be appreciated.

2. alexk82 thread starter macrumors regular

also

quick poll. the site is provides personal wedding websites. do you think customers would care if its a guy speaking vs a girl? I can beg my wife to help me if its an issue.

3. alexk82 thread starter macrumors regular

4. ahasver macrumors member

ahasver

tons of them

There are dozens of them out there.
    Screenium and ishowu come to mind. I tried them both they are alright. I think both set you back around $20 but they have trial versions. And then there is screenflow which seems the complete app for me but it is $100 but it let's edit the screencast in the program. I think it looks great but I have no excuse to get it so I can't tell you more about it. They might have a trial version too.