Home Video Security System compatible with HomeKit

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by headhunter1994, Sep 23, 2016.

1. headhunter1994 macrumors newbie

I have a surveillance system already hard wired installed in my home with 4 HD cameras and 250GB DVR. I’m looking for a way to use Apple HomeKit - Is there a DVR compatible with Apple HomeKit that I can swap out for my current DVR without having to get all new cameras/etc?

2. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

I'm also looking for this. I'm not particularly interested in wireless IP cameras and having to pay for a cloud-based storage plan for the footage, so the closest thing I've found is a reference from a year ago to a DVR which might potentially have been developed into a home kit product:
    http://www.cultofmac.com/330201/apple-loves-this-new-security-cam-and-its-1tb-of-storage/
    But I can't find any more recent reference to it. If I could find a homekit compatible DVR to swap with my existing one and keep my existing wired cameras that would be great.

3. headhunter1994 thread starter macrumors newbie

Subject: UNIDEN Service Request Updated :: W420587

Dear Valued Uniden Customer,

Unfortunately, we have not tested any of our DVR systems with Apple Home. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for Contacting Uniden!

xxxx

Uniden Tech Supervisor

4. NOITAIDAR macrumors member

NOITAIDAR

if you're a bit tech savvy, and don't mind a bit of a "hacky" solution, look up "homebridge" and "Homebridge-ffmpeg-camera".

This should let you bridge any rtsp streamable source into homekit.

5. Hilda590 macrumors newbie

I recently installed integrated security system in my tablet. With this security system, I can remotely manage my appliances and security system. Not only this, I can monitor what's happening in my home wherever I go. This is one of the best security service I've ever used. They also have audio and video surveillance service. Hope you'll find this useful.

6. jasleinstein macrumors newbie

I used the Security Spy camera system. It is not "Homekit" compatible, but very Apple Friendly. It runs on my old Mac Mini, has clients for iPad, iPhone, AppleTV etc. The folks at Bensoft, the provider of Security are pretty good about enhancements and am sure they would entertain HomeKit suggestions.