Video sharing on social media

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Av000, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Av000 macrumors newbie

The iPhone 6 undoubtably has a great camera, especially for video. However, when I upload my videos to social media it looks horrible. Very blurry and pixilated. Is anyone else having the same issue? Is it the phone, the Facebook app, or the update? I noticed it with iOS 8, but the iOS 8.0.2 made no difference in quality of video uploads.

2. Applejuiced, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'm pretty sure Facebook or other social media sites control the quality and size of the videos posted on their server for obvious reasons.
    They don't want their users to have to download or buffer 600-700mb for everyone to be able to see your ice bucket challenge in high definition.

3. Av000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea. I'd assume it's the platform. I'm hoping a Facebook update will help. It's frustrating to shot HD and not have the satisfaction of sharing it. The only other option I can think of is to upload to YouTube first or actually import into Premiere Pro, render, and export. Which seems ridiculous for a 45 second video of interior decorating...

4. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

It also works better to upload via the share sheet in the photos app than to go through the particular app.