Video sharing sites with privacy options?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by cleo, Jun 15, 2008.

1. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

I take a lot of classes online, and because of my disability (or laziness /grin/), many times it would be way, way easier for me to just use iSight to record my contribution to the discussion instead of typing. A couple of my professors use YuTube to record short "lectures," but I'm not really wild about this type of video being publicly available.

Jump to today. I was using Skitch to post a screenshot to my blog, and I accidentally sent it to MySkitch, which is their hosting service. I was blown away by the granularity of the privacy options. By default, each image's page is private. You can share just the image URL, the page URL, or make the page/image public, in which case it is listed in your gallery.

This is precisely what I need for video. I want to, ideally, embed video in my posts without the embed code being easily grabbed by anyone else; but if that's not available, I'd like to be able to post a URL that my classmates can visit but that isn't indexed or linked to any main "gallery" page.

My classmates use every platform/browser combo you can imagine, and many of them aren't exactly geeks, so this needs to be presented in a lowest-common-denominator format; they can all "see" YouTube embeds, but obviously that's not what I want to use.

Any ideas?

2. cleo thread starter macrumors 65816

cleo

Brilliant. Thanks!