Video showing uMBP lid/LCD assembly removal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by harperjones99, Nov 12, 2009.

1. harperjones99 macrumors 6502

Can anyone point me to a video or photo sequence showing how to remove the lid/display from the body of a mid/late 2009 uMBP 15" with as few as possible steps? Basically how to get the hinges off and separate the two parts as simply as possible.

All the videos I have found begin with this already done and people replacing the display/glass etc.

2. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

Is this for purposes of replacing the LCD or do you have a real reason to disconnect the entire top part? You don't need to do that to replace the display.

Most online videos suck. They do stuff half ast. Or don't fully explain how they are doing what they are doing. Explain what you want to do and I'll try to post some instructions, tools and materials required.

3. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

4. harperjones99 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not for anything I need to do now...I am just trying to understand how certain parts come apart should the need arise to deal with things. In all the videos I have seen demonstrating LCD replacement they have the hinges disconnected and are dealing with the lid/lcd only....I just want to know how you get those apart whole like that.

The teardown is nice but it may have me doing something unneeded for this particular action as it tears the whole thing down and won't give me an idea of what HAS to be removed and what can be worked around and left in place.