Video software for making a movie ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by XPcentric, May 31, 2009.

1. XPcentric macrumors 6502

Guys its been a little while since I moved into Mac, and until now I've still been using basic windows-like programs. Yeah, now its time to use the power of Mac and the well promoted programs for media and making movies as I have an idea in my mind. Only I've never used before and I dont know which one is professional.

I want a highly capable movie editor, to make a professional movie like on Discovery Channel they do. To be able to apply effects (fade in, out, etc) Your answer is much appreciated. Thanks!

2. bartelby macrumors Core

3. XPcentric thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I also forgot I have iMovie on my Mac, which I didnt bother to upgrade. My idea is to learn once something that will allow me to do what I want, so I will start learning to use a good software.

Its a little exagerated to say "professional", but it never hurts, I really want a good quality movie and be able to apply the effects. I've just discovered Adobe Premiere Pro, maybe I'll need a software comparation site to know which to choose.

LE: my problem its solved, seems the above mentioned are the best, need just to choose one.
    Who else is looking for the same subject, may find useful this review: http://forums.cnet.com/5208-7582_102-0.html?threadID=185804
    and some real time video editing software: http://www.avid.com/products/professional-film-video.asp

4. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

If you get iLife 09', iMovie 09' is very, very powerful!!! So I would get that, and save yourself some money!! Also, If you want something really professional, get yourself Final Cut Express... and that would save yourself some bucks!!!