Video Software

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by asrermd, Jan 15, 2008.

1. asrermd macrumors newbie

I am at a loss. I am ot particularly fond of imovie..either 06 or 08 and FCE is too complicated.

Does anyone know of any good mid level video editing software??

Has anyone heard anything about Adobe coming out with a version of Premiere Elements Video software for Mac?

Thanks

2. bking1000 macrumors 6502a

Premier elements is available on the Mac.

One note on iMovie08 -- if you just spent an hour or so teaching yourself only to decide you don't like it, I'll suggest that you might have missed quite a bit. iMovie 08 is actually VERY flexible and very fun to work with, but you have to learn a new interface (I was a premier user on a PC, and also struggled w/FCE), which is not always easy to do.

There is a great blog site on iMovie 08 (http://imovie08.blogspot.com/). If you read through all the posted tips, you'll get a great sense for how powerful 08 is, and it might help you decide if / how to give it another try.

I found the Apple store reps are ignorant of 08. Either they are video Noobs, or they are long time enthusiasts who use FCP. Very few of them have spent any time w/08. This blog site might help you better understand if iMovie08 could be a good fit for you, and if learning the interface is worth the time (no, I am in no way related to it's author, but I found the late last year, and it's been a treasure trove of good, useful guidance on how to use iMovie, and what it can do).