Video stabilization issues with iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by daooof, Dec 14, 2011.

1. daooof macrumors regular

I'm trying to use my iPhone to make Youtube videos and the video stabilization seems to be messing things up. Even though my iPhone is completely stationary on a flat surface, the video ends up being wobbly. I assume that since my body is moving, the iPhone thinks the image is shaking, but it's not.

Are there any apps that will utilize the full quality of the camera and get around the stabilization?

Thanks in advance

2. daooof thread starter macrumors regular

3. Revenantue macrumors newbie

daooof,

I'm no expert here BUT I believe that using FilMiC Pro ($2.99 but totally worth it) in the highest quality: 48 Mbps (something you can´t do with the regular camera app that ships with the iPhone 4s by the way) overrides the stabilization and turns it off. At least some users report that here:

http://trinityfxmg.com/getting-the-perfect-shot-with-iphone-4s-and-filmic-pro/

Hope that helps.

4. gschumsky macrumors member

I've been using Filmic Pro- only for one project so far shooting behind the scenes video of a music video my daughter was producing. The lighting was not the best, and I thought the video would be noisy, but all in all it turned out pretty good - a LOT better than I thought it would. Having worked with video for the last 25 years, from broadcast cameras to miniDV to 3 chip HD cameras, I'd say the iPhone4S with this app is good for a lot of situations. Can't way to try it on a normal nicely lit sunny day.