MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple has posted the full video from today's "Back to the Mac" media event as a podcast on iTunes, and the stream is also available via a direct link to the .mov file. The stream was initially available for users on Safari for Mac OS X 10.6 and iOS, but users on other platforms now have options for viewing the broadcast.

Apple should also be making the stream available in multiple formats for access directly through its special event site, but the video is not yet appearing on that site for the alternative browsers and platforms.

Apple made a number of announcements and product introductions at today's media event, as we covered in earlier stories:

- Apple Announces New 13.3-Inch and 11.6-Inch MacBook Air Models with Flash Storage
- Mac OS X Lion Set for Summer 2011 Debut, Mac App Store to Launch Within 90 Days
- Apple Debuts FaceTime for the Mac, Beta Available Today
- Apple Announces iLife '11 With Updated iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand
- 15-Inch and 17-Inch MacBook Pros Receive 2.8 GHz Core i7 Option

Article Link: Video Stream of 'Back to the Mac' Media Event Now Available

I WAS the one

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
The End of the Mac as we know it. Start hugging your iDevices... that's what Apple will be caring about in the next 10 years.

Mac OS X Lion is just the transition to all iOS devices, live with it. That's the truth.

so sad... I was hoping having a Mac for a long time... I guess I was wrong.

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
The End of the Mac as we know it. Start hugging your iDevices... that's what Apple will be caring about in the next 10 years.

Mac OS X Lion is just the transition to all iOS devices, live with it. That's the truth.

so sad... I was hoping having a Mac for a long time... I guess I was wrong.

So what are you going to use instead? Windows 7? Ha ha ha!!

I have a feeling we will all get used to the new OS and it will still work just great, integrating itself into our lives.

I can't really imagine what's so horrible about it. The UI is a little different with launch pad and mission control, but you don't HAVE to use those if you don't want.

THX1139

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2006
Mark my words, in the next few years, all Mac apps will go through the store and you'll have to have an active connection/account in order to use the app. You'll see all of Adobe's apps go there, along with Microsoft and anyone else who wants to lock down the software. Why else to you think that Apple spent all those millions building that gigantic server farm?

bperrella

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
Does anyone else notice how frail Jobs seems? I didn't notice when I first watched, but compare his presentation from now to even the iPhone4 keynote and at least I seem to notice that he is definitely not as charismatic as usual. I also wonder why he didn't present all of the new features himself like he usually does. I really hope I'm making this up because Jobs is truly an asset to Apple and the entire tech world.

burgundyyears

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Steve Jobs health concern trolling and unfounded "Apple is oppressing me and hates my Mac!" trolling all on page 1. Macrumors, you never let me down. :cool:

bperrella

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
Steve Jobs health concern trolling and unfounded "Apple is oppressing me and hates my Mac!" trolling all on page 1. Macrumors, you never let me down. :cool:

wasn't trying to troll.. just trying to get other people's opinions. the thread is ABOUT the keynote, and I was making an observation ABOUT the keynote.. doesn't seem far off base to me.

SonicRage

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2007
Downloaded the podcast version. Plays fine on my Mac but I receive a "Movie could not be played" message on my iPhone 4.

robogobo

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Sitting down facing front.
and no iWork update. iWork for iPad only works with existing documents from an almost two year old version of iWork for Mac. So we're all supposed to upgrade from '08 to '09 at full price, and what happens when '11 is finally released? Another full price upgrade?

Quelgar

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2010
podcast video is semi-broken

Yeah, my iPad couldn't play it either. This sux. I mean how could you botch up a standard iOS compatible video encoding?

It looks like the podcast video only plays in iTunes or the old Quicktime player on the Mac. It doesn't play on my iPhone 4, my iPad, or in the new Quicktime Mac player. Very annoying.

Ramius

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2008
I´m underwhelmed by the press conference.
There was really nothing new.

So OSX Lion is all bout bringing iPad to the Mac. In other words, we have seen it before.

Mission Controll seems more like Apple desperatly wants to innovate something new like Expose, but it´s basically the same.

The Macbook air looks exactly the same as the old one. I was here hoping for "the worlds thinnest computer", but no such thing. The aluminum unibody is also starting to get boring. Are Apple no longer able to create a completely new look for their computers?

I also think its strange to see Apple announce stuff coming out in more seven months. Usually what they announce are available instantly. I kind of expected Lion before christmas.

Did you all notice that iWeb had nothing new to offer? It´s because the application sucks. Also, did you see that from their dock in the previews, it was missing iChat? It´s because the application is useless in international perspective. Apple has to know this.

Finally, the biggest news were coming from iLife11, and I don´t think the changes were as dramatic as Steve Jobs wanted us to think.

Most boring Apple event the last ten years.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Watched the Live Stream on my iPad live, coped fine, got rather blurry when lots of movement happened on the screen.

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Too many whiners in here. Yesterday I watched the live feed full screen from start to finish and was very impressed. :confused:

sirjorj

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2007
I mentioned this on the spoiler-free thread. It doesn't play in Quickime, it crashed iChat if you try to share it, but my WD TV Live Plus played it just fine. Weird!

jorj

jimmydude911

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2009
TX
it seems like apple’s presentations are getting more and more disappointing. i don’t want my Mac to be like my iPhone...

CyberBob859

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
I watched it on my 1st gen Apple TV and it really struggled on the split screen sections. :(

Wow, I thought this was just my machine (I have aTV Flash installed), but now I see others have exactly the same issues. I was having problems with the split screen sections of the presentation also. Weird.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Apple forgot to invite women to attend the event. Perhaps a few snuck in.

Attachments

• oct2010-keynote-audience.jpg
    oct2010-keynote-audience.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 132
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.