video streaming ---> kernel panic

Discussion in 'macOS' started by spinningdoc, Mar 4, 2011.

1. spinningdoc macrumors newbie

My ageing MacBook is regularly kernel panicking when I stream video from anywhere but YouTube. That's the only time it does it.

2gigs RAM which memtest says is fine; recently shifted to new user accounts to get rid of any crap; done an archive and reinstall. Done some googling of it, but can't find anything germaine.

So now my best last hope is a clean install. Any advice? Or does it sound like a hardware issue?

2. jlantrip macrumors newbie

Same Issue

I have been having issues with streaming as well. I have an aging Black macbook and all tests seem to indicate it is functioning fine. My issue comes with streaming and what will sometimes occur is a stuttering in the audio that can only be fixed by pluging in something to the head phone jack then pulling it out. I have seen it stutter to a point of kernal panic, or at times it will just kernal panic without stuttering, but always when streaming video. I was wondering if this was a problem with the video card in these machines or the flash drivers although I have replaced flash a couple times. Any updates?