Video surveillance on ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by zemzabob, Feb 3, 2010.

1. zemzabob macrumors regular

zemzabob

I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a way to use the ipad/iphone to view my surveillance cameras? It would be very useful for me. I currently do not have over the web viewing for my system, they are encrypted wireless cameras that connect to a receiver that records on a DVR in my safe via RCA cables. Just curious if there is a way to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

2. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

You can definitely do some sort of make shift setup. I have this $3 app called iCam which allows me to view 4 different iSight Cameras through my iPhone. It also allows you to use other sources. I plug my analog to digital converter into my iMac and can stream any video signal to it. They have had a bunch of nice updates since I bought it like audio, push notifications for movements and automatic recording of motion events.

Definitely one of my favorite apps.

3. zemzabob thread starter macrumors regular

zemzabob

Wow that sounds very cool I'll have to check that out thanks for the info.

4. lordhamster macrumors 6502

I already use a program called ipVision to view my Linksys network cameras on my iPhone. I assume it will be even sweeter on the iPad

5. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

oh yeah baby.... +1

this was a hidden gem that i found a while back and I can't believe I got it for so cheap. this app could seriously be sold for $15+.