Video Sync Question

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Sailguy, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Sailguy macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a iPhone 5 with the latest io6 upgrades. I have iCloud setup to sync my photos, which works well. I have also setup wifi backup sync with my computer via iTunes.

I can easily backup up my iPhone 5 including my pictures. I have even checked the box on the photo tab (in iTunes) that says "include video".

However, I cannot seem to get my video that I shot with my iPhone 5 to sync via the wifi sync to my computer (macbook pro with the latest Mountain Lion, iPhoto and iMovie).

1. How to get I get video that I shot on my iPhone 5 to sync via wifi? Or does it require USB?

2. When I get it to work, where does the video I shot sync to? iPhoto? iMovie?

Thank you in advance,

Sailguy

2. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

I think you got it in reverse ... the Photo section under your device and iTunes is for syncing from the computer to the iPhone like from Events of iPhoto or just plain old Pictures folder.

To get video off the iPhone, you need to open iPhoto and it will show all your Camera Roll from which you can then Import selectively or all ...

MIND IT .. THIS IS NOT WIFI, ONLY WIRED.

For Wifi, you need to use a 3rd party app like PhotoAccess and open the IP address it shows on your browser , then selectively download photos/videos.