Video syncing issues on 3G S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dlmosley, Jul 18, 2009.

1. dlmosley macrumors newbie

So, I recently downloaded a torrent of "The Hangover" already setup in mp4 format. iTunes and QT open it fine and it plays beautifully but when it comes to syncing with my iPhone 3G S it tells me "was not able to sync because it's not supported".

Well OK, I thought it was just a simple encoding problem so I tried running the mp4 file through Handbrake under the iPhone preset, but it's not encoding properly and Handbrake is telling me that it's finished encoding in like 10 secs and i can't get the new file to open in iTunes. I figured that this was because it's already formatted in the same specs i was trying to re-encode it in, that's why it says it's finished so fast.

Then I tried converting it in iTunes to create an iPhone version, but after its finished converting, all i get is a white screen when trying to play the video. I feel like I've tried everything I know to do, and the only other problem I think it could be is that it might just be a bit rate issue.

I'll give the specs of the video:

Kind: MP4 video file
    Size: 271.1 MB
    Bit Rate: 32 kbps
    Dimensions: 626x256
    Video Codec: H.264

I'm on a PC for all this by the way, and I'd appreciate any help that anyone can give. Hopefully I'm just overlooking some stupid detail and I wind up looking like an ass. Also I did a quick search but i didn't find anything like this so sorry if I'm repeating something that has already been covered.

2. dlmosley thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually it seems like almost every video I have that is MP4 isn't syncing except the ones from iTunes itself. Is it a security thing by Apple or what?