Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hutchingsp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
Does anyone have any recommendations for an app that will go through a folder of video files and create a JPG called "filename.mp4.jpg"?

Seems to be a very simple thing to want to do but I've found very little that seems to do it. There are apps that will create a contact sheet, but if you bump them down to a 1x1 single image, they don't appear to have the option to say "grab it from 10 seconds into the file" - you just get the opening title that appears on 0 seconds.

pmurph5

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2010
MovieBriefs

Try a Mac app called MovieBriefs. It is not quite as specific as what you are looking for, but it will go through a movie file and generate a single JPG which shows a sequence of thumbnails. You can set the start and end frame so as to capture exactly what you want (like a title screen, or an end credit) for the first and last thumbnails. You also can specify how many thumbnails per JPG.

It does not automatically go through a directory, creating a JPG of thumbnails for each movie file -- you would have to do that manually or perhaps with an Automator script.

MDJCM

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2009
UK, South
I'm impressed by this one: thumbsapp.com

I know, old thread, but it comes up on searches.

This app has handled many more file formats than Skreenics did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.