Video Thumbnail Maker?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hutchingsp, Jan 21, 2012.

1. hutchingsp macrumors newbie

Does anyone have any recommendations for an app that will go through a folder of video files and create a JPG called "filename.mp4.jpg"?

Seems to be a very simple thing to want to do but I've found very little that seems to do it. There are apps that will create a contact sheet, but if you bump them down to a 1x1 single image, they don't appear to have the option to say "grab it from 10 seconds into the file" - you just get the opening title that appears on 0 seconds.

2. pmurph5 macrumors newbie

MovieBriefs

Try a Mac app called MovieBriefs. It is not quite as specific as what you are looking for, but it will go through a movie file and generate a single JPG which shows a sequence of thumbnails. You can set the start and end frame so as to capture exactly what you want (like a title screen, or an end credit) for the first and last thumbnails. You also can specify how many thumbnails per JPG.

It does not automatically go through a directory, creating a JPG of thumbnails for each movie file -- you would have to do that manually or perhaps with an Automator script.

3. MDJCM macrumors regular

MDJCM

I'm impressed by this one: thumbsapp.com

I know, old thread, but it comes up on searches.

This app has handled many more file formats than Skreenics did.