Video to TV

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Sandman1969, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

I am trying to get our iTunes Movies as well as Netflix and Hulu from the iPad or iPhone for that matter to the TV. I have a Component AV connector and the only thing that comes out is the sound. I can send it to the Apple TV and it works fine, but I really don't want to have to take that on our trip.

Is there something I am overlooking? I have the TV out set to NSTC, but still only the audio goes through.

It isn't an Apple connector, I believe it is a Belkin.

2. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

3. Sandman1969 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

I was figuring that might be it. But why can the third party sell if they don't do jack? Youtube isn't even working.

Will Hulu and Netflix work with the OEM cable? Those are the main two I am worried about.

HBO GO still blocks that capability aye?

4. Sandman1969 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

I won't be able to get to an Apple Store before we leave to buy the OEM cable. Best Buy has to order the cable. Still find it hard to believe the third party AV cables are basically useless.

Does Hulu and Netflix work via the iPad to the Apple TV? If that works I will just take our Apple TV for the trip.
    Anyone know?

LOL, though I guess if we take the Apple TV I will just use it for Hulu and Netflix... Doh... :p