Video Transfer / Capture

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by piscotikus, Mar 5, 2011.

1. piscotikus macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anyone was aware of an app that allows you to utilize the iPad USB adapter to capture video. I have video tapes I'd like to convert to digital files. :confused:

2. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

First off it would require a capture device which in some cases connects via USB. However I can't find any that work with iPads, if you have a Mac or pc around you've got many choices. They all require the use of their own software (for Mac/pc) or else work with programs like iMovie (not iPad/iPhone version) or final cut.

If you want a recommendation, I have been very happy with my "blackmagic Video recorder" http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/videorecorder/

Remember to capture VHS you will obviously need a working VHS play too.

Edit: the video recorder I recommended is Mac only I believe, but it captures video in a compressed format that is already compatible with iTunes/iPads.