Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
So I took a 6:xx video today that looks great but one problem. I can't seem to get it off my iPhone. I've hooked it up, drag and drop to the folder that I want on my PC. Seems to transfer over but on the PC the file size says 0. This won't let me sync it to iTunes either unless there is another method that I'm forgetting right now. I've sent it to YouTube and it plays fine. DropBox stops half-way through the compression stage and freezes the app. Not sure what's going on. ??? Any suggestions??

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
It has to be downloaded to you PC first, in the same way that you dowload pictures from your camera roll. On a Mac, some use iPhoto, the photo manager. I bet that your photo manager on the PC would do the same thing.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
Yes sir, I did that step or so thought. There were three other videos that transferred just fine to the folder on the PC. I made a folder called IPhone/iPad photos. Organized my sub folder in here and drop pics,vids in the appropriate place and sync.

The three other videos are way smaller. This is the only thing that I can come up with that's making the difference.

What's weird is that I uploaded it to YouTube but I can't upload it to dropbox. I also tried just dragging it from the iPhone to the folder in dropbox on the PC. Again, it seems to transfer as the file will show up on PC,iPhone,iPad but the file size is 0.

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
Yes sir, I did that step or so thought. There were three other videos that transferred just fine to the folder on the PC. I made a folder called IPhone/iPad photos. Organized my sub folder in here and drop pics,vids in the appropriate place and sync.

The three other videos are way smaller. This is the only thing that I can come up with that's making the difference.

What's weird is that I uploaded it to YouTube but I can't upload it to dropbox. I also tried just dragging it from the iPhone to the folder in dropbox on the PC. Again, it seems to transfer as the file will show up on PC,iPhone,iPad but the file size is 0.
This may not have anything to do with your problem, but I read a post earlier today about several people having trouble with uploading to dropbox. I have never used it, so I can't really comment on that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.