Video TS not playing on DVD player, HELP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sparcobear, Apr 11, 2009.

1. sparcobear macrumors newbie

I have been searching the internet high and low and CANNOT find an answer to this simple question.

I have been burning backups of my DVD's forever now, and have always used mactheripper and toast titanium 7 (until I just upgraded to titanium 10). I just recently started downloading torrents and am have issues with certain files. I will have a full dvd video ts file and it will NOT play on my dvd player. i have tried everything. from dvd2one, toast dvdrom (udf), toast video ts folder under video... it is getting tiring wasting dvds. They work fine on my imac but wont play on my dvd player. DO i need the audio ts folder? This is the first movie I have come across that only downloaded the video ts. I know it isn't the dvd's or the dvd player because it works with some movies, just not all. I am stumped and would like an answer to this question! Please help

2. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Sorry, but it sounds like a illegal download of a movie. Not much support for that here.

3. HBNC macrumors newbie

Same problem

I am trying to view a DVD on my PowerBook G4 - I know it works because I just watched others, but I have two DVDs that won't play - I am just getting a black screen with yellow and pink frames that float in the screen when I click play. Very frustrated!

4. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Try VLC instead as a player. The reason for crappy picture is usually crappy rip.

5. steveoc macrumors regular

I won't pass judgement.

On the technical side, I have found that not all DVD players are equal when it comes to playing home made DVDs.

I bought a Philips DVP642 player a few years ago that played any optical media I threw at it. It died recently so I am looking for a replacement.

I'm looking at this site for info.

6. BPresley321 macrumors regular

I agree. VLC Player should work no problem.

7. mongrol macrumors regular

Make sure you burn an empty AUDIO_TS folder along side your VIDEO_TS folder.

8. Tanzz macrumors newbie

Tanzz