iPod touch Video Tutorial - How to Stream Media to your iPod Touch!

reeco

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
This looks cool, i'm going to try this tomorrow.

There are some clever ppl about!!

Comment

adamman41

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
I'm confused about all the steps in the beginning. Doesn't iPhone Remote do what you just did without all the extra steps?
woah woah woah im lost at te whole configuring ur router thing, how the hell do u do that?

Comment

TimurY

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
dan-o-mac said:
I'm confused about all the steps in the beginning. Doesn't iPhone Remote do what you just did without all the extra steps?
You have to forward your ports and get a dynDNS account in order to stream content to external networks. If you want to stream just to your local network, skip step 1-6.

woah woah woah im lost at te whole configuring ur router thing, how the hell do u do that?
Check your router's manual on port forwarding and dynamic DNS.

Comment

adamman41

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
You have to forward your ports and get a dynDNS account in order to stream content to external networks. If you want to stream just to your local network, skip step 1-6.

is it complicated, do i do it from my cpu, i wouldnt nkolw where to find a manual

Comment

dan-o-mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
Brooklyn, NY

I'm still confused. :confused: :D What do you mean stream to external networks. Whats the difference between an external network and a local network. Can you give an example.

Comment

TimurY

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
I'm still confused. :confused: :D What do you mean stream to external networks. Whats the difference between an external network and a local network. Can you give an example.

Your iPod is in the same network (behind the same router) as your Mac = Local Network

Your iPod is behind an other router = External Network (I call it that)

Comment

dan-o-mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Your iPod is in the same network (behind the same router) as your Mac = Local Network

Your iPod is behind an other router = External Network (I call it that)

OK I think I understand now. So is that why I haven't been able to stream to my iphone at work just using iPhoneRemote?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.