Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
MBA isn't a retina Mac though. Yosemite has graphical lag with retinas, because its drivers are poorly coded to handle all the superfluous transparency and blur.

Mavericks's iMessage works fine here, just like Yosemite's did. Last time I had issues with that app was when I was on ML.

iMessage between Macs on Mavericks always gave me errors. plus it was really slow on syncing stuff. Eh, i don't know. I could go back, but i don't really have time reinstalling everything. Again, it's not that bad on a 7 years old mac, i can't believe it frustrates people so much on 2013-14 macs.

tschunde

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Mavericks is faster than Yosemite :cool:
Why fat and slow if you can have lean and fast?

peabo

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008
The lag can often be attributed to having multiple screens.

You can fix it temporarily by going to System Preferences -> Mission Control
and then unchecking 'Displays have separate Spaces' or just restarting every few hours.

Beavix

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2010
Romania
This has been bothering me since 10.10.0 and it hasn't been fixed yet. Observe the stuttering of the Open window in this slo-mo video I made:

http://youtu.be/7Sgg3mtnAno

It may not look like a big issue, but when you see this 100+ times a day every time you press Cmd-O or Cmd-S, it becomes really really annoying.

My Mac: Late 2013 15" rMBP, Iris Pro Graphics.

nerowolfe

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
This has been bothering me since 10.10.0 and it hasn't been fixed yet. Observe the stuttering of the Open window in this slo-mo video I made:

http://youtu.be/7Sgg3mtnAno

It may not look like a big issue, but when you see this 100+ times a day every time you press Cmd-O or Cmd-S, it becomes really really annoying.

My Mac: Late 2013 15" rMBP, Iris Pro Graphics.

Ai issue or almost any app you open a file in? If the former it's a well-known issue with Ai.

It's not limited to iMac Retina but all Retina models. I've got a 2014 MBP Retina (Nvidia GT 750M 2GB) and it's the same problem. To be sure just open the .app in low res and everything should run smoothly.

COME ON Adobe!!!!!

i use a triple monitor set up. i turned off the 2 extra monitors (only using one .. a cinema display). works (ALMOST) fine now. definitely usable. sometimes sluggish with certain functions (ie. start up, etc) everyone who is having illustrator specific issues, are you using multiple monitors? try turning them off and see what happens.

More info on issue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.