Video upload bad quality (vid inside)

w0bbles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Hey guys,

Did a little search and read some threads about bad upload quality for the new IP4, but mostly what i read was that it was usually due to 3G. So i used WiFi and it still seems like my video has REALLY ****** quality. Like not even 360p quality. Anybody know the problem? I tried to search but didn't see a setting for upload resolution on the phone.

Here's a test video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qSP-nvGNFQ

Thanks.

Edit: Nvm, seems like it has gotten a little better, but another video i uploaded on Facebook still has ****** quality. Now the question is, why is it not allowing me to select 720p on YouTube?

w0bbles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Ah, really? Well damn. Guess i'm gonna have to get the app. What good is this feature if you can't use it straight out of the phone :/.

Thanks for the quick reply! :D

Comment

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Also, YouTube takes awhile to process the video. The time needed depends on the length and quality of the source video. If you go back freqently, you will see it increase the quality options until eventually it finishes 720p.

Comment

Nemoh

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2010
Is there a way to upload video to facebook in HD? When ever i try it's in rly bad quality.

Comment

Poirot818

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2008
You could get the raw video file out from Image Capture and just upload that to youtube.

Comment

w0bbles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
^^^ I'm guessing this is on the computer correct?

Also, is there a tutorial for the iMovie for the iPhone? I can't seem to figure out how to save a video once selected and edited.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.