Video upload bad quality (vid inside)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by w0bbles, Aug 1, 2010.

1. w0bbles macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Did a little search and read some threads about bad upload quality for the new IP4, but mostly what i read was that it was usually due to 3G. So i used WiFi and it still seems like my video has REALLY ****** quality. Like not even 360p quality. Anybody know the problem? I tried to search but didn't see a setting for upload resolution on the phone.

Here's a test video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qSP-nvGNFQ

Thanks.

Edit: Nvm, seems like it has gotten a little better, but another video i uploaded on Facebook still has ****** quality. Now the question is, why is it not allowing me to select 720p on YouTube?

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

You can't upload 720p video directly from your phone without iMovie.

3. w0bbles thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, really? Well damn. Guess i'm gonna have to get the app. What good is this feature if you can't use it straight out of the phone :/.

Thanks for the quick reply! :D

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Also, YouTube takes awhile to process the video. The time needed depends on the length and quality of the source video. If you go back freqently, you will see it increase the quality options until eventually it finishes 720p.

5. Nemoh macrumors member

Is there a way to upload video to facebook in HD? When ever i try it's in rly bad quality.

6. big samm macrumors 65816

imovie for the iphone4 or imovie for the mac?

7. Poirot818 macrumors regular

You could get the raw video file out from Image Capture and just upload that to youtube.

8. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

+1. I hate using iPhoto and iMovie to upload simple pictures or videos. Imagecapture is the best.

9. w0bbles thread starter macrumors newbie

^^^ I'm guessing this is on the computer correct?

Also, is there a tutorial for the iMovie for the iPhone? I can't seem to figure out how to save a video once selected and edited.

10. Sixpack446 macrumors member

Download pixelpipe from the AppStore, it's free. You can upload 720p directly from the phone. It allows you to upload to facebook, YouTube, dailymotion, and many others.

Here is the test video I did using pixelpipe to upload from phone. Quality is excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVRXIBvP3ck&feature=youtube_gdata