Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RanliAves

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2010
Hello people, at the moment I am currently uploading a video to YouTube and it will take about 2 hours to upload. I was thinking that I should just go to bed and let it upload, but I am aware that if i leave my computer unattended for 15+ minutes it will go to sleep mode. So my question is will the video still be uploading when it "falls asleep?"

AdamRock

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
Toronto
uploading a video that takes 2 hours? you need to start compressing your movies - use .mov...high quality but low file size

millerb7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Hello people, at the moment I am currently uploading a video to YouTube and it will take about 2 hours to upload. I was thinking that I should just go to bed and let it upload, but I am aware that if i leave my computer unattended for 15+ minutes it will go to sleep mode. So my question is will the video still be uploading when it "falls asleep?"

With internet activity mine doesn't fall asleep (forget if I set it that way or not)... so your shouldn't fall asleep in the middle of an upload... screen will go black but actively uploading should sleep.... mine doesn't while actively downloading anyways.

RanliAves

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2010
uploading a video that takes 2 hours? you need to start compressing your movies - use .mov...high quality but low file size

thanks for the advice. im actually new to this video uploading/editing thing, so im not really sure how to do that. any advice?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.