Video upload

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ozmanyyy, Nov 15, 2013.

1. ozmanyyy macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I ran into something the other day that I thought was a GoPro video issue but now I think I'm doing something wrong.

First, I downloaded a video from my gopro to the mac. Its a short vid, about 2 minutes, and less than half a gig. I can play it fine. I tried to upload it to facebook and got an error saying that it didn't recognize it as a video. So then I tried to youtube, and that was no problem. I also easily uploaded to smugmug.

I then tried to upload it to Vimeo and I get an error saying that the file is too small to be a video.

The difference is, with youtube and smugmug, I can drag and drop from iphoto. With facebook and Vimeo, the upload brings up the finder and choose from movies. So the "finder" method apparently doesn't take me to the actual video file.

So its not so much that I need to upload to facebook or vimeo, but I do want to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks
    Oz

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It sounds like an issue with the upload interface with FB and Vimeo. Can you try dragging the video out of iPhoto on the Desktop, then uploading from there?

3. ozmanyyy thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll try it out,,,