Video uploads to youtube

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by poz, Nov 15, 2011.

1. poz, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011

poz macrumors newbie

I video my son's sports games and publish them on youtube for his team to watch. I have a question regarding the best way to publish these and if there is an easier way to do it.

Each game is anywhere from 36 to 42 minutes long and typically I have 20+ individual videos from each games (depending on how many whistles there are)

I currently use Toast to combine each period (or as much of a period as possible) then I remove the audio and upload to youtube. If I attempt to combine and take out the audio at the same time it typically fails and I need to start over again. This means that I combine the video then wait....wait.. and wait as it encodes. Then I take the 3-4 video files then wait...wait...and wait as it encodes. Then I upload to youtube.

A few questions that I have;
    The video is a MPEG-2, AC3 at 720 x 480
    Is there software that will not encode to merge? I can upload this video
    directly to youtube in it's original format

The audio is Dolby Digital 5.1
    Is there a software that will strip out the audio and encode without taking
    forever?

Is there an easier way of doing this?

Thank you in advance for your help.
    POZ

2. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Didn't read this thoroughly I won't lie but I'll give you a quick answer and edit/re-post when i get a chance but I've had great success merging audio WITHOUT encoding using Mkvtoolnix (freeware). I had transformers 3 with crappy 2 channel audio but downloaded an 8 channel audio version and merged the 1080p 5GB movie to the dolby TrueHD 7.1 surround in about 5 minutes.

3. careypo macrumors member

If the video is on a DVD, you can use DVDxDV Pro to directly upload the videos to youtube.