Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

happypappy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Philadelphia
I have loaded three video wallpapers to the iphone using winterboard......its great, but they dont seem to work 100%......when i first check one off in winterboard and then it resets, it works flawlessly.....but then after the phone sleeps for a certain period of time, when i wake it the background isnt there and its just blank....the only way to get it back is to reload it in winterboard....am i missing a setting or are these video wallpapers just not 100%? thanks:D

rotobadger

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
I have loaded three video wallpapers to the iphone using winterboard......its great, but they dont seem to work 100%......when i first check one off in winterboard and then it resets, it works flawlessly.....but then after the phone sleeps for a certain period of time, when i wake it the background isnt there and its just blank....the only way to get it back is to reload it in winterboard....am i missing a setting or are these video wallpapers just not 100%? thanks:D

I had a similar problem but never really investigated an answer. I found that video wallpaper killed my battery and, worse, significantly slowed my iPhone's operations (mostly UI became sluggish).

TheConfuzed1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2003
Video wallpapers are resource hogs that are only good for showing off.

For practicality reasons, you should never leave them running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.