Video_ts to avi mess up

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by nourriture, Aug 24, 2008.

1. nourriture macrumors newbie

OK, my friend taped us live the other night and he did it in video_Ts/video_rm file. All I want to do is convert it to avi. but when I do it with DVD ripper for mac, the avi files are all pixelated on the white parts (ex: white dress = pixelated dress) I've tried everything - Making a new copy with Roxio Toast - Playing it in quicktime/avi player/Realmedia player... The weird thing is when I open the video_ts file, there's only the chapter menu (vob/bup/ifo), and the other vob file has everything on it, basicly, the chapters aren't seperated. But when I play it in a dvd player, the whole thing works! All I want to do is convert this in a type that I can put on the internet. :mad: I've benn working on this for the past 2 days, so plz help. Thanx

2. -DH macrumors 65816

Use MPEG Streamclip (along with the QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback omponent) to convert the DVD's VOB files into an editable format.

In the future, use a camera that doesn't record in a delivery format if you plan to do any editing or conversions.

-DH

3. nourriture thread starter macrumors newbie

Streamclip refuses to play it, (file open error: unsupported file type) when I click open anyway, there's no video or sound. I can't play the movie in Quicktime nor in any other application besides DVD player. The only application that accepts to conver ti is DVD ripper for mac, but it comes out all broken. Thanks for your help

Nourriture

4. -DH macrumors 65816

Did the DVD get finalized in the camcorder? If so, something else is wrong. I've been using MPEG Streamclip for a few years now and have yet had it fail to convert the footage.

-DH

5. nourriture thread starter macrumors newbie

I finally used found Cinematize and it worked fine. Thanks for all the help though, very much appreciated DH