Videogames podcast

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by robj, Apr 14, 2010.

1. robj macrumors regular

Hi there

I'm searching for a good English videogames podcast. I have tried some of them like IGN or Dtoid one, but for one reason or another they don't fit all my expectations. (I'm not saying they are bad podcast indeed)

I'm looking for something more than a bunch of friends talking about their things with call of duty or Halo.

Do you regularly listen any podcast? Can you recommend me any one?

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I listen to a bunch.

Idle Thumbs is good. It's two developers and a writer from Gamasutra and while they joke around a lot I like their thoughts on most games (though the running joke is talking about Far Cry 2 EVERY episode)

Giant Bombcast is probably the funniest. It's all ex-Gamespot guys who now form Giantbomb.com. It's kind of just craziness that makes me laugh a lot every show.

Weekend Confirmed is the new show from Garnett Lee (from 1up Yours) at Shacknews. So far it's pretty good, Jeff Kanata from the Totally Rad show is amusing and Garnett can be a bit of a dumbass in an endearing sort of way. Last week they had Billy Berghammer formerly of G4 I believe on, who is a good podcaster.

Rebel FM is good but I can easily see someone not liking it. They often read relationship letters at the end which as generally amusing but not always having to do with games. Their opinions can make me want to stab myself at times but overall I still enjoy it.

Irrational Behavior is the developer podcast from Irrational Games (ie. Bioshock, System Shock). Really great (albeit short) show. Shawn Elliot (of GFW Radio/Brodeo semi-fame) hosts it and basically lets you get to know the people who work there. Last show was about the geekiest secrets of the employees. Funny stuff.

Retronauts/Active-Time-Babble are two from 1up.com. Retronauts focuses on old games while ATB focuses on RPG's. Not as good as they used to be, but still when the games they are focusing on interest you it's fun to go down memory lane.

3. pagardur macrumors newbie

pagardur

Try the Gamers with Jobs conference call

I think you might be looking for something like the Gamers with Jobs podcast. They have a weekly broadcast and they really are a bunch of colleagues talking about videogames.

PD.- I can see you live in Spain, as I do. You can PM me in Spanish if you need further assistance.

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Look no further than DGR: Drunken Gamers Radio

robotpanic.com