Videora; need insights of experts... or any advices!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ladyofluck, Dec 11, 2008.

1. ladyofluck macrumors newbie

okay, basically i've been using videora to convert videos and the qualities were top notch. but the file size were kinda too large.

so i was wondering if lowering the sound bit rate will do any good for me....

questions...
    -is lower sound bit rate gonna effect picture quality?
    -how bad is the sound quality? is it noticeble ? maybe not so much on iphone speaker?

i have a "videora video converter for ipod"(or something like that).... for PC.

right now, i have videos appox. 245Mb turns to 145Mb... looks/sounds awesome on iphone.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    also, video/audio not syncing....

i have a movie file that has video delaying 1.5 sec or so... but plays fine on PC before converting...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Finally, MKV movie files converting w/o SUBTITLE!!!

MKV files get converted but i can't get it to display subtitle!!! i was hoping to find a way to slap that subtitle as picture on the movie itself... anyway to do it?

sry if this forum is not the right place to ask this but i don't know where to post!!!

thx, in advance.

2. INSomnia macrumors newbie

Part of a reply...hope it helps

I also use Videora Converter for iPod v4.04 on a pc (Vista home 32bit). I have not ever had any problems with audio sync.

With regards to file size, when you get to the quality setting screen, Videora will give you an estimated file size as you adjust the sliders for audio quality etc. I tend to turn everything to minimum and the videos are still excellent on the iPhone.

As for the subtitles, Videora won't do it, its far too basic but perhaps someone else on here knows of a program that will do it. If not, try looking at www.videohelp.com as it has a huge archive of tools and help guides which may be of use to you.

I hope that helps in some way.

Good luck

INSomnia