Videos and camera connection kit / unresponsive volume keys

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nixiemaiden, Jan 1, 2011.

1. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I had a bunch of videos taken with my camera on an sd card. I plugged it into my ipad using the camera connection kit and all of the videos showed accurate thumbnails so I assumed they would import fine. After importing, I deleted from the sd card but the videos just show up as a picture of a camera and it says .mov.

I can't seem to do anything with these files now. I don't have a computer to use at the moment so I am wondering if there is something else I can do to view my videos or get them back. I am pissed that it would show a thumbnail for a video file it doesn't support instead of what it shows after importing.

Also on an unrelated note is anyone having problems with the volume keys? It seems like when I have the hardware mute switch on for extended periods of time and then turn the mute off, my volume keys become unresponsive and I have to reboot my iPad. Today is the second time it has happened to me so just wondering how common it is.

2. sfphoto macrumors regular