Videos app: some videos stream, others don't

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Matt T, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Matt T macrumors regular

Matt T

I have a number of movies and TV shows purchased from iTunes - I can see them all in the videos app but only some of them will play/stream. When I try to play one of these videos, the video opens and looks like it begins to load for 2-3 seconds but then closes and goes back to the video app - the app doesn't crash, the video just opens and then immediately closes. I can download the same videos just fine and watch them after downloading them, but I would really prefer to stream in most circumstances. This happens on both my iPhone 5S and 4th-gen iPad - the same videos stream just fine on my Apple TV.

Signing in/out of iCloud hasn't helped, and neither has resetting all of my settings. My next step will be to erase and restore my iPhone but does anybody have any tips/ideas before I try that? Anyone else having the same problem?

2. KCBRUIN macrumors newbie

I posted something similar in another thread with no answer as of yet. None of my purchased movies or shows work over cellular. When ios 7 first went public they all streamed just fine. Now mine loads for a few seconds then goes straight back to the movie poster.

3. Matt T thread starter macrumors regular

Matt T

I'm trying over wifi - I have a data cap so don't stream over the mobile network. Glad to hear it's not just me.

4. KCBRUIN macrumors newbie

I'm actually shocked at the lack of posts on this as I thought this was a pretty big deal.