Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
How much iCloud storage do you have freely available for video content?

ddddd478

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2020
ah 3 have uploaded i took them 24 hours ago and it now says ive used half of the 5gb.

Theres a whopper of a video i took about 12 hours ago im guessing while there was enough space on ipad, it wont load on icloud? (dont want to pay)

Last edited:

ddddd478

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2020
Im confused, it says my icloud is full but its also saying 2.4gb out of 5gb still available?

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Welcome to iCloud inconsistent storage. It took iCloud over a month to see I added 26GB to it one time. I removed it, and 2 months later, says I'm still using that 26GB even though actual iCloud storage is in the low 100s of MB.

I HATE iCloud storage reporting. Drives me NUTS.

As far as uploading videos - need LOTS of available space, plugged into power, and just let it do its thing. I've got 84.4GB in iCloud Photos.

However... I use OneDrive for my cloud storage.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
So you think it is uploaded there, just not being reported?

If you can't see it on iCloud.com (and then going to photos) it's not in the cloud.

Who knows really though, maybe it tries to upload it and pauses - and that partial file is there? Or deleted files - there's a copy of them for 90 days, who knows. It drove me mad. :/

Reactions: ddddd478

gsal

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2019
Im confused, it says my icloud is full but its also saying 2.4gb out of 5gb still available?

A backup (all of the files minus the selected files in iCloud such as Photos, Mail, Contacts, etc) is compressed and seen as one file. If the total sum of the files is larger than what you have remaining on your iCloud, it will say there is not enough storage.

I hope that made sense as it’s not easy to explain unless you are familiar with how iCloud works.

ddddd478

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2020
Ive only got 5 videos and a handful of pics that should be under 5gb. 3 vids have uploaded so far using 2.6gb

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.