Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wywern209

macrumors 65832
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
do you rly want to know?
things is i have a bunch of matrix videos ripped from dvds(i own them). and i converted them to .mp4 so i can view on a ipod touch. wierd thing is when i decide to see how they looked and hit view movie in itunes, the video was choppy for the video. however, the exact same file viewed in quicktime had no flaws at all. intersting huh?:rolleyes: apple, apple ,apple...

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
I noticed that at least the quality is different. I bought The Big Bang Theory Season 1 from Amazon and ripped the first 2 discs last night. Because of iPhone issues (software restore No. 3 since 2.0...), I couldn't use iTunes at the time. So I opened the files up in QuickTime. They looked near-perfect without most of the graniness that I have in iTunes, especially where there are dark/black areas.

This isn't the biggest of deals, but you'd think iTunes could play this stuff back better. The same videos look extremely awesome on AppleTV on a 56" HDTV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.