Videos Lag, Flash games lag, overall internet lag

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by juan.rodriguez, Oct 10, 2009.

1. juan.rodriguez macrumors newbie

Hey All,

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but I'm going to ask anyway.
    I have an older macbook (from around 2006), and I am having some really bad lag issues when I try to do anything on the internet that deals with video or flash. Whenever I try to load a video whether it be from youtube, google videos etc, I encounter terrible lag. Even if I pause it and let it load all the way, it will still be choppy/jumpy/laggy. I have reset the pram, and that alleviates the issue once in awhile, and only to an extent, and yes I am currently running the most updated flash player.

I am out of ideas. I have no idea what the problem could be, all I know is that it is driving me crazy. The issue occurs the worst when I maximize the video or full screen it (it becomes practically unwatchable). The same occurs when I try to play a flash game (addictinggames.com). For the most part the game will run really slow, making it impossible to play (which makes lectures go by even slower haha). Any suggestions?

Mac Details: Mac OS X 10.4.11, 2 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, 350gb HD

2. fish1228 macrumors newbie

fish1228

I have the exact same problem. When I try to watch a youtube video the buffering bar is usually twice as far ahead of the play head but the video still stops or plays choppily. The problem seemed to increase when I upgraded to Safari 4. I'm running a mid 2008 white macbook.

3. glenawil macrumors newbie

It P!$$E$ me off that...

my kids $699 Dell XP laptop plays hulu, youtube flawlessly and my $1000 iBook can't. You would think our Macs, which are supposed to be the choice of media "artists" would be able to handle video better.

4. clindner macrumors regular

I have this problem as well. I guess there's no solution to it?

5. chriszzz macrumors 6502

As everyone told you in your own thread, you are using an old machine that is almost obsolete in current technology standards.

6. clindner macrumors regular

7. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I had problems with flash bringing my late '05 iBook to its knees at times so installed some sort of flash blocker which means you have to click the flash apps to load them. (click to flash it might be called)

Dunno if it would solve your problem. I just remember my browser used to freeze or crash a lot if there was anything flash on a page - super annoying - and now it doesn't ever which is nice.

(my computer still can't deal with HD youtube, but that's just its age.)

8. clindner macrumors regular

I am running the Google Chrome browser now, and I have no problems with any Flash apps or videos on YouTube.

9. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Dude, your iBook is 5 years old, and can't handle today heavy media streams. Turn back the clock 5 years and your iBook would have been the best out there, but a lot can change in 5 years.

To the OP: Try using different browsers, like older versions of Safari, Firefox etc... Good Luck! My iMac has been doing that lately but I think its because my internet service provider put me down to dial up because I've used up my 10GBs of monthly internet useage. Any chance thats whats happened to you?