Videos Load But Do Not Play

Discussion in 'iMac' started by LoverOfApples, Apr 29, 2012.

1. LoverOfApples, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012

LoverOfApples macrumors newbie

Since I started using my fabulous, amazing, fun- and easy-to-use Mac over three years ago, videos do not play at many websites. The videos often load, but do not actually play. Also, photos frequently do not appear, only small blue boxes inside larger boxes where the photos should be. I have a 2009 24" iMac with Snow Leopard and all of its updates. I use the latest version of Safari. Any suggestions?

2. RedCroissant Suspended

media problems?

I have a 2009 20" iMac and I have only ever experienced the missing photos on some sites, but that could very easily be broken links that the sit administrator needs to fix. Do these missing images occur on the same pages consistently, or does it seem random?

I have trouble viewing videos from Yahoo News but that's the extent of it.The video playing issue could be due to privacy settings within Safari or any extensions that you might have installed. I also have Click to Flash installed along with a few others that get rid of ads and limit what will run in Safari. If it's not any of those things, then try resetting Safari. You won't lose bookmarks, but you will lose your history and delete your cookies.

Sometimes Firefox will load videos that Safari doesn't.