Videos & Music vs iPod app...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by herdnerfer, Feb 16, 2011.

1. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

So I just got an iPad and I noticed that they decided to go with the iPod app on it just like the iPhone. Coming from using an iPod touch on a daily basis this has been a bit of an adjustment for me. Just wondering what others thought of this decision, seems like the iPad would be more in common with the iPod touch than the iPad. Why would apple give it the iPod app and stick with the separate apps on ipod touch? Just cause people are used to it that way? Seems like 4.2.1 would been the perfect opportunity to standardize it. The iPod touch 4g got more iPhone like settings with the arrival of FaceTime as well.(separate ringer volume control & camera app & settings) what do you all think....

2. grapemac macrumors regular

The iPod Touch is an iPod. It doesn't need an iPod app because an iPod is what it is.

The iPhone and the iPad are not iPods. They get an iPod app. Surely that makes sense?

3. herdnerfer thread starter macrumors 6502

In name only

Aside from the name though, it's as close to an iPod as an iPhone is. Just seems like a hassle to change such a little thing on iPod touches only....

4. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

If you had jailbroken your iPod Touch, you can get an plug-in to combine with Music and Video and become to iPod app, and vice versa.