Videos not really "Full" screen.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by The Hitman, Mar 10, 2008.

1. The Hitman macrumors member

The Hitman

I have the Black MacBook 13.3" (which may not have anything to do with this issues). Whenever I view YouTube/QuickTime/ and most DVD's they are not full screen. Even though I set it to full screen.. it is kind of a rectangle shape (up and down) and it does give me the fulls screen look on either my 27" TV or 13.3 screen.

Here is a screenshot.. not the best picture, but gives you an idea of what I mean:

[​IMG]

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

They are full screen considering the source. DVDs are limited by their default cropping. If you used VLC, you can use the "c" key to change the cropping ratio. YouTube's max size fills to the top of the screen, leaving black pillars. The same is for QuickTime files.

TEG

3. The Hitman thread starter macrumors member

The Hitman

Thanks, but why does YouTube go full screen on my Windows PC, but not my MacBook?

4. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Most YouTube videos have an aspect ratio of 4:3, while the MacBook's screen is 16:10, and your TV's screen is most likely 16:9.

If these 4:3 videos were made to fill your screen completely, they would either have to be heavily stretched or cropped.

What aspect ratio was your PC's screen?

5. Masizzle macrumors member

it's GOT to be the resolution setting on your macbook.

System Preferences > Display> 1280 x 800

Do that^