Videos taken with iPhone 4 won't sync to iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by schizbomb, Jun 11, 2011.

1. schizbomb macrumors 6502

This is driving me crazy.

I have my videos just included in iPhoto and I went to sync some of my albums, some of which have videos, to my new iPad 2 and it keeps saying it can't sync because they cannot be played on the iPad.

They won't sync even after I manually added a couple of the listed videos to iTunes.

They WILL sync to my iPhone 4 and play fine, and WILL play on iTunes, iPhoto, and QuickTime.

I sent it through Handbrake and it worked, but I much rather have an easier fix than sending 600+ videos through Handbrake.

These videos have not been edited at all and come straight from the iPhone 4.

Why would videos taken with my iPhone 4 not sync to my iPad 2? iPad 2 does accept 720p videos right?

2. schizbomb thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I couldn't find zilch on this so I have a massive handbrake queue up.

Time to get a drink.

3. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Old thread, but I'm having the exact same problem with videos shot on my iPhone 4S and transferring them to my iPad 1 via iPhoto. Works fine with my iPad 2, but when I try to sync with my iPad 1 I get a prompt that states that the format isn't supported on my iPad ... odd problem.

The stupid thing about this whole issue is that I used the app PhotoSync to send the same videos from my 4S to my iPad 1. That worked fine. Clearly a bug with iTunes ...