Videos taken won't rotate to landscape?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jody, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Jody macrumors regular

So here's an issue I've been running in to. When I shoot a video on the phone in landscape orientation, and then go back to view it, the video does not rotate to fit the screen when I rotate to landscape.

Is this a bug? It exhibits the same behavior in both the photos app and the camera app.

And no - the orientation lock is not on.

2. mhx macrumors member

You have to hold the phone in widescreen format aka landscape to take landscape videos.

If you hold it in portrait mode or vertical it will take VERY VERY UGLY videos

This is another flaw of the iphone4

3. CaliKev macrumors member

CaliKev

Did you lock your phone into portrait only? I did the same thing, and then realized I had locked the phone to portrait only. To check to see if you did, press home button twice, and then swipe the bottom to the right and the lock icon will appear.

4. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Orientation lock, 99.9% of problems concerning portrait or landscape.

Double tap home button, swipe to left. The icon to the very left

5. smeg36 macrumors regular

Apparently nobody read the op. Orientation lock wasn't on, and the video was shot in landscape. I've had this same issue, but only with a video that was emailed to me.

6. Guitar7272 macrumors member

One thing I've noticed is if you press record in portrait orientation before you rotate it to landscape, it will lock in portrait for the duration of the video. Rotate the phone to landscape before you start recording.

7. mhx macrumors member

8. raulmujica macrumors newbie

No more tallscreen or skinny video

This same problem of tallscreen or skinny video from the iPhone 4 really bothers me too -- check out the KinKast iPhone app for a neat solution http://kinkast.tumblr.com

9. djkline macrumors newbie

Lanscape orientation not working

I had the same problem. Reboot your iPhone and it will work. Must be a bug.

10. sonjdsh macrumors newbie

yes, you are right ,you can update it.[​IMG]

11. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

12. Gtimberl32 macrumors newbie

The answer is already posted...

If you start recording in portrait then turn phone horizontally, it will continue in portrait mode, EVEN IF THE PHONE IS TURNED. When you play it back, it will play with white or black lines either side...

If u turn phone horizontally, THEN hit record, it will record in landscape mode and when played back, it will fill the screen...