Videos Viewing

Gattz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
Not sure if this is the right section, but I was just wonder which do you guys prefer to watch movies and videos on, Mac or PC?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
A more appropriate and specific title would help people identifying the subject of your question.

You can also create a poll via the thread tools.

I use Mac OS X 99.9% of my computer time, and when watching videos, I only use Mac OS X.

I missed BS Player's capability to change the volume via the scroll wheel, when I started using VLC, but since VLC Player has that functionality I don't miss it anymore.

And the DVD player software titles for Windows are butt ugly and confusing, even before I set my eyes on Mac OS X.

Gattz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
Sorry I thought that I should have added more details. :p I wasn't sure because of the codecs, and which media player(s) had a the better video playback. I've tried using Plex on Mac, but what I don't like about it is that it feels a little bulky, and you can't fast forward or rewind the amount of time you choose.

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
I like quicktime pro a lot. I can do everything I want to do with the movie, and I really like how I can play it back with the buttons "j" "k" "l".

ymarker

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2009
I really like the rendering with dxva and the low cpu utilization under windows 7. To get hardware acceleration to work I bootcamp into win7 and then can view 1080p mkv & blu-ray (no hd audio bitstreaming though currently, just plain dolby digital/dts).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.