Videos won't go into itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Erin1992, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Erin1992 macrumors newbie

I have purchased Avex which allows me to rip DVD's so i can add them to my ipod. The first three movies i did worked fine, after they were turned into MPEG-4 i went file import and then went into my itunes library. On the fourth movie i did i went file import and nothing happened, itunes refuses to add anything (it will add music). Instead of going file import i have tried to drag and drop, right click on the movie and say open with and nothing happens.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

2. mynameismatt89 macrumors 6502

I have no experience using that program but I have used Handbrake without any problems. It is a free program. Download it and follow these steps on the website and make sure the file is mp4. http://howto.diveintomark.org/ipod-dvd-ripping-guide/

The only thing I do differently when ripping DVD's that differs from that site is the Destination. Instead of chosing the codec: " MPEG-4 Video/ AAC AUDIO" chose the "AVC/H.264 VIDEO /AAC AUDIO"

I don't know if there is a difference, these are just the settings that I have used without any problems.

After the ripping is done, just go to iTunes and click "add to library". After adding to your library, you're all set!

3. Erin1992 thread starter macrumors newbie

still no luck

i downloaded handbrake like you suggested and it doesn't match up with the directions on the website. Also when i tried to encode a DVD it encoded for a second then said process complete, but nothing happened.

4. Erin1992 thread starter macrumors newbie