View a Shared Calendar in Entourage

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jonnysods, Jan 21, 2009.

1. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

Hello, I work in an office that has a mix of Macs running Entourage, and PC's running Outlook.

To collaborate better, I have setup an office calendar in Outlook, which I have shared with the rest of the office. Everyone using Outlook has added the calendar and is now using it.

The Entourage users in the office are not so please with me (I implemented the Exchange system so everyone is mad at me because it's not working!).

I have looked around at forums like crazy, trying to come up with an answer. The best document I found was here:

https://support.elephantoutlook.com/kb/afmmain.aspx?faqid=70191

However, I get stuck at step #3 - we don't have an 'advanced' button in the bottom left hand corner of the window. So now I am stuck!

Can anyone help me to get this working?

Thank you!

2. walnuts macrumors 6502

Is this calendar a "public folder"? If so, you need to specify the "public folders" server in the account settings for each entourage user here: "Entourage" (menu)>Account Settings> (choose the account to edit)> Advanced (tab)> and specify your public folders server (in my case its the same as the mail server).

I access a shared calendar in this manner. It is a bit annoying though as this only works within my office.

3. jonnysods thread starter macrumors 603

jonnysods

No, it's not in the public folder, we have shared stuff in there, but as you say it only works when we are on our computers.

I have created a separate calendar to my main calendar, and put all our office dates in it. That way I can see it on my iPhone, and add stuff to it. But I just can't seem to share it through Entourage.

Now when it comes to Outlook, well heck that works just fine!

4. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

I'm curious why the advanced button is needed. We have a similar setup to you. Exchange 2003, mostly windows users, and me and my Mac. To get at someone else's shared calendar I simply:

1) File->Open Other User's Folder...
    2) Typed the valid user name in "User:" field and selected Calendar. I didn't bother with the address book button and therefore didn't need the Advanced button.

To share my calendar, I right clicked the calendar and selected "Sharing..." and set up "Default" "Reviewer". (Note: This had been setup and working when I was using Outlook in the old days.)

Maybe the problem is with your sub-calendar. I seem to remember something about only sharing the main calendar but I'm not sure.

Or, more likely, maybe I'm just confused at what the problem is...

5. jonnysods thread starter macrumors 603

jonnysods

You are right, it is the sub-calendar.

I'm thinking that what I'll do now is change the office calendar to my main one, and create a sub-calendar for my own use.

This only makes sense to me! :eek: