''View Account...'' in iCloud System Preferences > "An unknown error has occurred" ?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by omgwut, Oct 12, 2011.

1. omgwut, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

omgwut macrumors 6502

So I originally set up my current Apple ID with iCloud, but then when I entered the @me.com email address I wanted and it told me it was already taken I remembered that's because I already took it when MobileMe first launched!

So a moment later I remembered the password and successfully signed into the old @me.com Apple ID, but when I go to System Preferences > iCloud > Manage... > View Account... and then enter my password, the window just shakes and tells me "an unknown error has occurred" and won't let me go any further!

[​IMG]

Any ideas? I'll keep my current Apple ID if I have to but I would really like to use that @me.com email address.

EDIT: Never mind, I fixed it! It just took signing into MobileMe and out, then back into iCloud again to knock something loose apparently.

2. WilfredR macrumors newbie

Same issue here, but expired @mac.com

Basically I have all up and running with my expired @mac.com appleID.

However I do get the same error message. Since it is an expired account I can not sign in and out in my mobile me account to 'shake things loose'

Anybody an idea?