iPad View account on iPad not showing

Discussion in 'iPad' started by supernet33, Jul 20, 2014.

1. supernet33 macrumors regular

Hello,
    I went into the tmobile store and bought a SIM card and they got me setup with the 200MB plan that's free.
    When I go into cellar data on my ipad there isn't a view account.
    I have an ipad 3 that's unlocked from AT&T.

I can change my apn settings however?

How can I fix this? Is it a tmobile issue or ipad?

Thanks

2. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Try to turn off your Wi-Fi, power off and back on and try again to see if it shows up through cellular data. If that doesn't work try to reset network settings.

3. supernet33 thread starter macrumors regular

4. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

Take it to one of the Carriers like where you have it on contract and see if they will help you or at the least go back to T-MO since they sold you the SIM and set it up.

5. supernet33 thread starter macrumors regular

I went back and they keep on giving me the website to go to..
    they are clueless there.

6. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

I really wish I could help you further but I gave you everything I knew to suggest. Maybe someone else here will pick this up since it is the beginning of the week and maybe they can help. Good luck. Sorry

PS Take it to an Apple store genius bar.

7. HouseOfCards macrumors newbie

This is normal. For whatever reason, Apple and/or T-Mobile decided to exclude the "View Account" option on the iPad 2 and iPad 3 when used with T-mobile. Currently, it will only show up on an iPad 4, Air, mini, or retina mini. This is specified in the carrier bundle so it could easily change in iOS 8, though I'm not sure it will.

In the meantime, mim.t-mobile.com takes you to the same portal as "View Account."

8. jsd79 macrumors member

For what it's worth, I couldn't get the "View Account" button to show up with a TMO SIM on my wife's Verizon iPad mini (first gen) -- I couldn't get the sim to work at all. (A TMO sim worked fine in my Verizon iPad mini retina, with the "View Account" button visible.)

9. HouseOfCards macrumors newbie

If the iPad mini is still on iOS 6, you won’t have any carrier settings for T-Mobile, including “View Account.” If it’s on iOS 7 and you still can’t see “View Account,” there is some other problem. You might want to try the basic restart and reset troubleshooting steps. Otherwise, you may need a new SIM.