View crashes on load, UIRuntimeOutletConnection connect?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Maury, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Maury macrumors 6502

I have an app with a list view. I'm making a screen that's very similar to it, this time with a search bar - I don't want to use the same view, the items inside are very different. So I... copied the original controller and XIB, and renamed them. Then I dragged a search bar into the header of the table. Then I wired everything up in IB.

When I run, I get the old _TERMINATING_ _UNCAUGHT_ Looking through the stack, the crash occurs in KeyValueCoding after being called from [UIRuntimeOutletConnection connect]. Normally this means I have a dangling connection or I changed the name of an IBOutlet, but I've checked all the ones I can find and I can't see anything obvious.

There is one difference between the two screens. The first list, the one I copied from, is attached to a toolbar at the bottom of the screen. The new one is accessed from a nav view that's one of those items. Perhaps this can cause a problem, but it's also just as likely a red herring.

Any suggestions?

Maury

2. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

Did you change the name of the file owner to the renamed main and header file.