Universal View iPad battery status on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by torxcrossword, Apr 7, 2017.

1. torxcrossword macrumors newbie

Are there any apps that periodically send the battery status of one iOS device to another iOS device(or to the cloud)?

2. Beards macrumors 6502a

Beards

3. torxcrossword thread starter macrumors newbie

4. torxcrossword thread starter macrumors newbie

@Beards - there is an app called PowerTracker Mobile in the app store that claims to work. You have to allow notifications (I'm guessing it sends silent notifications to periodically wake up the app to check the battery). It is not a beautiful app, but it may be the answer.

I just installed it. It timestamps the data it gets from the other device and the last measurement I see was from 12 minutes ago. Personally, I'd be happy with updates on the hour, so hopefully it's at least that granular.

5. Beards macrumors 6502a

Beards

Interesting.... Let us know how you get on with the app. I'm okay with the Mac OS app for the time being but keen to hear how you're finding it.

6. RecentlyConverted macrumors regular

Shame it needs iCloud. Would be nice if it worked via bluetooth

7. torxcrossword thread starter macrumors newbie

PowerTracker Mobile is working fine.

Other options that have come up include Apple's Find My iPhone (which also reports battery status) and holding ALT and clicking Wifi in your Mac's menu bar to see the battery of devices which are eligible for tethering.

8. Beards macrumors 6502a

Beards

Shame that 'Find iPhone' does not show the actual battery reading, only a battery icon.
    If PowerTracker Mobile only operate on iCloud then that would have a negative impact with me. My household have several devices on a total of three different accounts. Bluetooth or Wifi overcome this limitation.