Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frankeman90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2014
I have downloaded a bunch of websites with HTTRACK and SITESUCKER. Works great for most parts to view them on my Mac.

I thought it would be easy to copy them to a SD card and be able to browse them on my iPhone - but not so!

I have tried opening the index.html file in FILES app and seleted it to open with DOCUMENTS and EDGE apps - as suggested in another thread. And though it kinda works it’s not possible to browse the site in the localcopy on the SD CARD. I can only access one page at a time wich is kinda useless.

Any ideas?

Reason for me wanting to do this is to have access to important information in a SHTF situation with no internet access. I could of course use the Mac but an iPhone is far more power efficcient and easier to carry around

frankeman90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2014
Never mind. Figured it out myself. The answer was somewhat obvious: Sitesucker has an app for iOS aswell and after figuring out how to transfer the files to the Sitesucker app on iPhone it works like charm:

zip folder on Mac - be sure to name it ”Sitename.com” and Airdrop to iPhone and open with Sitesucker. Or copy zip file to iCloud and from Sitesucker open and go to iCloud files and choose zip file to import.

Of course downloading websites and expecting everything to work is a bit much to ask. But it works quite well for many sites.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.