view statistics on macbook air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by wolfie, Apr 11, 2008.

1. wolfie macrumors regular

hello guys, ive just purchased my first ever macbook, and so exploring the os x as such ( last time i used a mac was in 1990 in high school ).

so far im loving the air and is exactly what im after, however i notice many users can access statsitics about the processor temperatures and core activity,could you please let me know how to get it.

thanks.

on a side note, a minor question, is there anyway we can create a desktop shortcut and place it in the docks, so every time i press it, all windows are minimised ?

thanks again

2. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

You need to get iStat pro for that.

iStat Pro

My preferred way to do what you are wanting is to set up a hotcorner to show desktop. To do this go into system preferences, then desktop and screen saver, then you will see a hot corner button. Press that and set one up for desktop.

3. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

Congrats!!:D Nice MBA!! Sure you will love it! Love mine!!! Just a tip: Dont freek out if it takes up to 8hrs to recharge the first few times. It will settle down and recharge in about 4-5 hrs after a few cycles. Not sure if you already know that.

4. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Yea my battery is looking interesting in that respect, hope your right!!

Congrats as well on the purchasay, hope you enjoy it!!