Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Espo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
NY
Hey, I am always in NYC and on the subway system. I was wondering if anyone knew of a method to get the subway map on my iPhone without having to have an EDGE or 3G connection, because the subways have no internet reception at all?

Thanks for the help.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Captain obvious here, but you can download the system map on a PC (as a PDF or whatever, import it into iPhoto, and save it in your iPhone album)....

I've actually been meaning to do this for the CTA maps.... in fact, I think I will now. :)

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

can you save a subway map as a PDF and email it to yourself?

Espo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
NY
Captain obvious here, but you can download the system map on a PC (as a PDF or whatever, import it into iPhoto, and save it in your iPhone album)....

I've actually been meaning to do this for the CTA maps.... in fact, I think I will now. :)

I was thinking of that but I was unsure if I zoom in to see the stops, if it would be blurry? I could also just do google maps and save it directly from my phone by holding my finger down on the pic... but I dont think its gonna be clear enough.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

can you save a subway map as a PDF and email it to yourself?
how would i save it as a pdf?

ps. im on Vista

i also checked out isubwaymaps.com, but Idk how to get the maps on my phone.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
I was thinking of that but I was unsure if I zoom in to see the stops, if it would be blurry? I could also just do google maps and save it directly from my phone by holding my finger down on the pic... but I dont think its gonna be clear enough.

how would i save it as a pdf?

ps. im on Vista

i also checked out isubwaymaps.com, but Idk how to get the maps on my phone.

I'd imagine they'd be vector graphics, not just a picture. So the content would scale smoothly and clearly.

midas888

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2008

dfkaplan

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2008
I was in NY last week and had my wife email me the pdf. Worked fine... but it's annoying to DL it, since it was a fairly large file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.