Viewer Problems in Imovie 09.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by shikakun375, Feb 5, 2010.

1. shikakun375 macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm having some problems with the imovie 09 viewer. The viewer won't show what is happening in the project. It shows video when you scroll over the events, but not when you scroll over the project. When I click play with the space bar it only plays the sound. It also sometimes plays sound from other projects. Does anybody know how to fix this?

2. damien2114 macrumors newbie

Hi, Have you had any luck with this problem? I am having the same problem with mine, ive searched the net for a solution but cannot find one.

3. OffersMonthly macrumors newbie

Same Problem

Just working on a Wedding DVD and then bang! i cant see the project in the viewer. We need help urgently!!!

4. qdog1342 macrumors newbie

this fixes the problem!!

hey, i had the same problem, heres how to fix it:
    quit imovie then delete the file
    users/user/library/caches/com.apple.imovie8 restart imovie and you're good to go

5. cdorr macrumors newbie

Trashing the cache and thumbnails folders did not work for me -- still same issues, nothing plays in the viewer, only audio. Sometimes nothing plays. Anybody have any other information? Greatly appreciated.

6. kudukudu macrumors regular

same problem. deleting the imovie8 cache worked for me

7. Underbelly macrumors newbie

I get that problem once in a while and it usually is because I have to much other stuff open (photoshop, Illustrator). I good re-start usually fixes the problem!